Handling of personal information
Our company and our group companies (*) deeply recognize that we must establish trust with customers by building a strict management system to handle customer information accurately and safely in compliance with our customers’ promises regarding personal information protection. Our company complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the “PPI Act”) for personal information collected, managed and used with our business activities. We also establish the following PPI policy and surely commit to protecting personal information.
Purpose of use of personal information
1.Our company only uses personal information for the following purposes:
- Shipment and notification of products related to mail order and provision of related after-sales service
- Notification of surveys and recruitment of monitors via direct mail, e-mail and telephone.
- Identity verification and authentication on our website
- Traffic and behavior measurement on our website
- Distribution, display and effect measurement of advertisement
- Action to acts that violate our terms and policies (hereinafter referred to as “terms”)
- Notification of changes in the terms of this service.
- Smooth process in our business
2.In the case of handling personal information beyond the scope needed to achieve the above purposes, our company shall obtain the customer’s consent in advance.
3.Our company will revise the purpose of use of personal information within reasonable scope relevant to the purpose of use. When the purpose of use is revised, we will announce the changed purpose in this policy.
Appropriate acquisition of personal information
Our company will acquire personal information properly and will not acquire it by deception or other unauthorized manner.
Ensuring accuracy of personal data
Our company will endeavor to hold accurate and latest personal data within the scope needed to achieve the purpose of use and to delete personal data that is no longer needed without delay.
Safety management measures
Our company will take necessary and appropriate safety management measures against unauthorized access and computer viruses to prevent loss, destruction, falsification and leakage of personal information.
In handling personal data by employees (who are officers, employees, contract employees, temporary employees and others who are engaged in our company’s operations, with the same shall apply hereinafter), our company conducts necessary and appropriate supervision of employees to manage the personal data safely. Our company establishes a personal information protection plan and provides employees with regular education and guidance on protection and proper management of personal information.
1.In accordance with our business activities, our company outsources order processing, shipping of products and catalogs, direct mails, payment for credits and other procedures to outside contractors (hereinafter referred to as “contractor”). We conduct a rigorous investigation of contractors.
2. Our company conducts necessary and appropriate supervision to the contractors to manage the entrusted personal data safely.
Provision of a third party
Personal data that our company holds will not be provided to third parties except for the consent of the customer. However, it may be provided to third parties in the following cases:
- When it is necessary based on laws and regulations
- When our company and our group companies merge, split off or transfer business
- When we and third parties use the information together to provide comprehensive services and to perform their functions, but may not use such information for any other purpose. They are required to follow the same procedures that we ourselves follow when it comes to personally identifiable information.
- Personally identifiable information: name, address, phone number, date of birth, gender, e-mail address, purchase history and others
Purpose of shared use: same as Purpose of using personal information
Personal information protection managers
Our company assigns a personal information protection manager and establishes and manages a system for personal information protection.
If you have any complaints or consultation regarding our handling of personal information, please contact the following counter:
Disclosure, correction and use suspension of personal information
If you do not need direct mail from our company, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will identity you and will stop the service without delay.
If you have any requests, opinions or questions regarding the disclosure, correction or use suspension of personal information that our company holds, please contact email@example.com
Established on May 12, 2008
Revised on May, 2022
ROSETTE Co., Ltd. & Axis Collaboration Limited